Recent Blog Posts
- Administrative Bloat: Remarks to the Texas Public Policy Foundation, Austin, Texas, January 7, 2015
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Higher Education
- The Coming Crisis in American Higher Education
- Three Dirty Academic Words Ending in ‘Ity’
- College: Adventures With Pollyanna
- Misconceptions About The Profit Motive In Higher Education
- Dr. Vedder to Appear on NPR Today at 2:10pm EST
- Schools That Are Keeping Costs Low: Infographic
- Bloomberg Chart of the Day: Soaring Costs of College
- O’Bannon v. NCAA Ruling Could be a Game Changer
- CCAP releases the listing of America's Best Colleges on July 30, 2014. Congratulations to Williams College, Stanford University and Swarthmore College who finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively.
- Richard Vedder will be speaking to the Tax and Fiscal Policy and Education Task Forces, at the American Legislative Exchange Council in Dallas Texas on July 31st and August 1st.
- Richard Vedder debates Alan Krueger on the effect of raising Seattle's minimum wage to $15 per hour on Bloomberg Surveillance.
- Richard Vedder participates in a panel discussion on the harmful effects of federal student financial assistance programs, and releases a study on the same topic by the CCAP staff.
On June 25th Dr. Richard Vedder participated on a panel discussion on federal financial assistance programs hosted by the American Enterprise Institute. Here he claims that these federal programs have had the unintended consequence of raising college costs and lowering accessibility.